Effective October 9th, 2018
At Raxar we care about your privacy. Raxar provides Graphical Real-Time Asset Inspection and Tracking (GRAiT) System and subsequent modules, an integrated and real-time mobile solution based on context and sensor technologies to optimize the lifecycle of assets. We believe in transparency, and we are committed to being upfront about our privacy practices including how we treat your personal information.
The Policy describes what personal data and non-personal data we may collect from you, how we collect it, how we protect it, how we may share it, how you can access and change it, and how you can limit our sharing of it. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data.
The Policy describes the data that we gather on or through the Service, how we use and disclose such data, and the steps we take to protect such data. By visiting our Site, or by accessing or using the Service, you consent to the data collection, disclosure and use practices described in the Policy. Please also review our Terms of Service, which governs your use of the Service.
When using our Service and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
The right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
The right of access. You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
The right to rectification. You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure (right to be forgotten). You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
The right to restrict processing. You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
The right to data portability. You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information within the “Contact Information” section below.
The right to object for us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest
- Direct marketing
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- Automated individual decision-making and profiling
Filing a complaint with authorities. You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
“Non-personal data” is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, Personal data is broader in scope and covers more data.
A “Visitor” is someone who browses our website.
A “User” is any person granted express, implied or apparent authority to use our Service.
Information We Collect
We Collect Your Personal Data in the Following Ways
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the Internet service provider used from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website you’ll visit when you leave our website. This information also includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of device, device ID, device model, device manufacturer, location, your device’s operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our website.
When Entering and Using Our Website
When you enter and use our Site and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may collect your Personal Data.
At User Registration or When Using Our Service
When you register as a user for the use of our Service or through the use of our Service, we may collect some or all of the following information: your first and last name, business email address, business number, business address, job title, username, password, and other information collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How Your Information Is Used
We use the information we receive from you for the following:
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us.
- Personalize and customize our content.
- Make improvements to our Service.
- Contact you with updates to our Service.
- Resolve problems and disputes.
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Retention of Personal Data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Service you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- Mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- For preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- Maintaining adequate and accurate business and financial records.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- Users who already have a login account with Raxar can control their personal data in settings after logging in.
- If you make a request or you delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the use of the Service, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for the Service or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have a right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Please contact email@example.com or by mail (see Contact Information) if you have any questions or would like to exercise any of these rights that you need assistance with. If you are requesting access to or to correct personal data, please sign in to your account that you’ve created through a secure login.
We will respond to requests to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe (no more than 30 days) and notify you of the action we have taken.
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
To improve Raxar’s products, website, or marketing, we may engage with various outside partners that have access to the limited data users voluntarily share with Raxar via web forms, cookies, or customer support and sales inquiries. We carefully select each of our partners based on Raxar’s commitment to user privacy and security. Our security team meticulously vets each prospective partner to ensure its policies and practices are on par with Raxar’s standards and abide by confidentiality obligations.
Raxar’s use of Third Parties will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of client data. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of client data by Third-Party suppliers’ personnel.
We may also share the information we have collected about you, including personal data, as disclosed at the time you provide your data, with your consent, as otherwise described in this Policy, or in the following circumstances:
- To contractors, business partners, and service providers we use to support our Service;
- In the event Raxar sells or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal data held by us about our Customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer;
- In response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement requirements.
Information about Children
Raxar is not directed or permitted use to children under the age of 18. Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 18, we realize that a child under the age of 18 may attempt to access our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have allowed a child under 18 to access our Services, we will take appropriate steps to promptly remove such account and delete all information associated with such account.
When we communicate with you about our website and Service provided, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a user. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our Site or offers from us unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You may contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of:
- direct marketing communications or
- the transfer of your personal data
We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
Please note that your use of some of the Service may be affected by your opt-out.
Use of Credit Card Information
You may provide a credit card to make a purchase for the use of the Service provided. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email, or by means of a notice on our homepage, at least thirty (30) days within the implementation of the changes.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will work with local data protection authorities to address any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the transfer and or processing of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
Address: Raxar Technology Corporation
Attn: Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box 320635
Tampa, FL 33679
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 877-710-0077
Keep up to date with our latest news and releases:
Copyright 2018, Raxar Technology Corporation